Different variations of a Millionaire Cake recipe.
MILLIONAIRE MOUSSE CAKE
1. 2/3 c. butter
About 4 hours before serving or early in day:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease bottom only of a 9-inch spring form pan.
2. In 2-quart saucepan over low heat, heat butter, cream, and 3/4 cup sugar until butter just melts. Remove from heat; stir in cocoa. Freeze mixture, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes.
3. In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat eggs, vanilla, and salt just until mixed. Add flour and 3/4 cup sugar. On high speed, beat until very light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Stir about 1/4 of egg mixture into cooled chocolate mixture then fold all of chocolate mixture into remaining egg mixture. Pour batter into pan. Bake 55 to 60 minutes until cake is firm in center. (Cake will be very moist when done; standard tests for doneness cannot be used.) Run thin-bladed knife around edge of cake to loosen from side of pan. Cool cake completely in pan on wire rack (cake will fall and leave a deep indentation). Remove side of pan.
4. Prepare White Chocolate Glaze; spread over cake. Refrigerate until glaze is firm.
5. Prepare Chocolate Leaves; use to garnish cake.
Makes 16 servings.
White Chocolate Glaze:
In 1-quart saucepan over very low heat, melt 12 ounces white chocolate (or four 3-ounce Swiss confectionery bars or two 6-ounce white baking bars), 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar, and 1/4 cup shortening.
In small saucepan over low heat, melt one 6-ounce package semi-sweet chocolate pieces (1 cup) and 4 teaspoons shortening. In another saucepan over very low heat, melt 3 ounces white chocolate and 1 tablespoon shortening.
Rinse and dry 16-20 medium-sized lemon leaves. Spread semi-sweet or white-chocolate mixture on underside of leaves. Refrigerate until firm. Peel each leaf from chocolate. Repeat with remaining chocolate.
· 1 x 20 ounce can crushed pineapple with juice
· 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
· 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
· 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
· 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
· 2 cups milk
· 1 cup chopped walnuts
· Convert ounces here: http://www.eposvriende.com/conversion_tool.html
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Grease and flour one 9x13 inch pan.
3. Drain pineapple. Put pineapple in a clean layered cheesecloth and wring out remaining juice. If pineapple is not well drained, it will make the filling runny.
4. Mix and bake cake according to package instructions. Pour 1/2 of the batter into the prepared pan.
5. Discard or find another use for the remaining half of the batter.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 minutes or until done.
7. Let cake cool in pan on a wire rack.
8. Beat softened cream cheese until fluffy.
9. Slowly add milk, combining thoroughly.
10. Add instant pudding and beat until thick.
11. Pudding mixture will thicken when refrigerated.
12. When cake is cool and pudding mixture is thickened you can assemble the cake.
13. Spread pudding mixture on top of the cooled cake.
14. Sprinkle drained pineapple over pudding.
15. Carefully spread thawed frozen whipped topping over all. Sprinkle chopped walnuts over all.
A crazy mixture of shortbread cake and caramel with a stunning cover of marbled chocolate.
If you have ever tasted this, ordinary shortbread cookies will NEVER be the same again!
Makes approx 12 squares
Good 1/3 cup flour
2 Tbs sugar
1 3/4 oz butter or margarine
For caramel and cover:
1 3/4 oz butter or margarine
5 Tbs brown sugar
1 3/4 cups single cream
2 1/2 oz dark chocolate
2 1/2 oz milk chocolate
2 1/2 oz white chocolate
Mix flour and sugar for the dough in a bowl.
Stir in the butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Knead this dough to a ball and press it down in the bottom of a buttered baking dish, with a side of good 7" - a small roasting pan maybe.
Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes or until the cake feels firm when you touch it and is light brown in color.
Allow to cool in the dish.
Put butter, sugar, and thin cream in a saucepan and heat on low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
Bring to a boil while stirring, then lower the heat and let simmer for about 5 minutes or until thickened and creamy fudge-colored.
Pour on top of the cake in the dish and allow to cool.
When the fudge/caramel layer has set and is completely cold, you melt the different kinds of chocolate, each in its separate bowl, over a waterbath.
Pour it, teaspoon-wise, on top of the fudge/caramel and alternate the different kinds of chocolate.
Push the dish against the work surface so the chocolate blends and forms intricate patterns and then make a marble pattern with a stick or something.
Let the cake stand in the fridge until set and then cut in squares - they're very rich and generous!
1 lb. butter
3 c. sugar
3/4 c. milk
4 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. almond extract
Cream, butter and sugar until well mixed and creamy.
Add eggs, one at a time.
Gradually add flour.
Continue beating until thoroughly mixed.
Bake in well greased tube pan at 300 degrees approximately 1 3/4 hours.
Turn out of pan immediately on cooling rack.
Millionaire Dump Cake
You will need 1 pound of the following candied fruits:
You will need 1 pound of the following whole shelled nuts:
Mix all of the preceding with your hands.
Sprinkle 1 whole white cake mix into this mixture of fruit and nuts,
Mixing again with your hands.
Now, take 2 eggs and beat with 1 cup milk and stir in 1/2 cup oil and 1 teaspoon butter flavor;
Take liquid mixture and dump it all into the fruit and nut mix.
Again, use your hands and get batter on all mixture.
Grease large tube pan and line with brown paper sack.
Grease sack lining;
Back the Dump Cake into the tube pan, level to the top.
Bake in center of oven at lowest temperature you can, preferably 175 degrees for 4 hours.
1 c. butter
Blend pudding and milk and spread in 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
1 c. powdered sugar
Blend and spread.
1 sm. pkg. vanilla instant pudding
1 sm. pkg. chocolate instant pudding
1 c. Cool Whip (Orley Whip)
Allow to cool between each layer and prepare it so it can sit overnight.